Romans 12:6

Romans 12:6 - Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them; If prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith.

: The greek word for "gifts" is charismata, which refers to God-given abilities that should be used to build up other members in the church. As christians, we should use these gifts or talents to glorify the Lord and not ourselves. But as humans, the flesh is weak, we are bound to want to use those gifts for our own glory, sometimes we slip up and do get the glory, sadly forgetting all the praise should go to the Lord. God gives us these gifts and talents to praise and glorify Him, we should be devout to this truth and use our gifts only for that reason. I confess, I tend to slip up as well, but if I give God the glory, He smiles and says "well done, good and faithful servant."

APPLICATION : Today, if I do well during my shift at work, I'm going to give all the glory to the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke 21 ;19

Ephesians 6:1 / Colossians 3:20

Faith