1 Timothy 6:6-8

1 Timothy 6:6-8 : Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing in this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.

: Here Paul is telling us that in our godly walk, we should be content with what we have. from the shirt on our backs to the food on our tables, we should be thankful for what God has provided for us. I started learning to be content with what I have when I came into this Ministry, Ignite. Unlike everyone else in my class, I came with very little in my suit cases and now know what its like to go from having so many clothes and comforters on my bed, to having hardly any and a shaggy, raggedy old blanket and torn sheets on my bed here that I just had enough time to grab. Yes I have barely anything, and have gone from having so much at my finger tips, to wishing for shopping day when I will finally be able to get some more clothes. but I can manage for now. I just thank God for what little I do have, cause there are others out there in the world that dont even have a roof over their heads and would give their all to have what little i've got. Being content with what God has allowed us to have, for some, may be hard. Even for me, I catch myself whining sometimes. But we are not to be that way. Our Father in Heaven does care for His children, For even if a sparrow falls to the ground, God notices. God provides when He knows we need it. He is a good Father, loving and Holy, He takes care of the broken and poor, He provides even the orphans with loving parents and gives them a home. Blessed be the Lord, For he has heard the cries of His children.

APPLICATION : This week, I will thank My Father in heaven for what i do have. I will not complain and will be patient through out this week. I will not ask for much if not anything at all and will Let my Father provide for me what I need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke 21 ;19

Faith

Hebrews 13:5